28 April 2010

Diving Head Down!

The thing we fear most happened on Monday night... Kayden dived head down from the bed when we were sleeping!! Kenneth was working night shift and like always, we went to bed at 9pm+. At 11pm+, there was a loud thud followed by his cries! The thud was so loud that even my BIL, whose room is next door, heard it!!

I jumped out from bed and found Kayden lying tummy down on the floor. Carried him and he continued crying. Switched on the light coz sensed something was wrong and saw the big red bruise on his forehead! Panic!! Didn't know what to do coz didn't want my in laws to know (they will make me even more kan cheong). Called Mum and she said it's normal for kids to fall... but still, I was soooo scare (coz of the bruise) and started crying also. Luckily, Kayden went back to lala land after crying for few minutes (after I popped his pacifier back into his mouth).

I didn't dare to sleep from there on... Waited all the way till Kenneth came home at 3am+. He asked why I called him. He only realised the missed call on his cell when he reached home! How wonderful! After his shower, I told him the horror happening and he actually woke Kayden up!! Did some "inspection" and by then, the swell had went down a bit...

Took urgent leave and together, we brought Kayden out to "face the music" (aka my in laws) in the morning and my FIL was rather displease (with a bit of anger on his face) and we lied that Kayden fell after Kenneth came back (shared the scolding between us in case there are any) and we 3 were in bed. And thank god, by then, the swell had gone down, only left the blue-black. Brought Kayden to the GP and doctor said should be okie coz he did not scream or cry when doc rub gently on the bruise. Told us to monitor him for the next 48 hours... look out for signs of vomitting and lethargic-ness.

Went out to buy 2 mattresses and 4 pillows yesterday noon while Kayden was napping. Starting from last night, we decided that we will just sleep on the floor, in case "accident" happen again!! Kayden adapts to the floor very fast but it is me... I can never get used to it... so half way through, I climbed back on to the bed. *LOL* Leaving father and son on the floor.
It was a horrifying incident... Hope such things will not happen again in future!

4 comments:

  1. Hello..a silent reader of yours. the same thing also happened to my daughter, but she fell down the stairs *_*. I also heard a loud thud. Haiz..Doc said so long as no vomiting, no fainting should be alright.

    We got rid of our bed long time ago, and have been sleeping on the mattress on the floor for a long time also :). Anyway, luckily your son is fine, and he's so cute! (sorry i post this comment in another of your blogpost. I blur a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Fell down the stairs!! OMG!! But luckily she's fine. =)

    I am not very used to sleeping on the floor but no choice now. Oh, are you not in Singapore? Went to your blog but no time to really read through. =) And ur ger is such a sweetie!! I always want a girl.... envy those who has one. =)

    Can I link you up? Realise that your daughter is almost same age as my boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jean, of course you can link me up :) I'm living in KL.

    I sleep on a regular mattress on the floor cos no choice de. She just likes to climb here and there. I'm having a mini heart attack every few minutes cos she can't seems to sit still.

    Ya they are around the same age. She's born on the 9th of March :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, I think toddlers at their age, just like to crawl around... and when they can walk/run, they will be all over the place!! You are a SAHM? So nice... =)

    I will link you up once I have the opportunity. =)

    ReplyDelete