30 September 2010

MIL vs DIL

Read this very interesting article on the papers last week. It's about the 4 types of MILs that DILs fear and the type of DILs that MILs dread. Realise that it's quite applicable to me. =D

Some of the pointers really relate to me. For the benefit of those who can't read Chinese, let me do the translation. =D Please bear with me coz this is my 1st time doing translation. =S
The 4 types of MILs that DILs hate:
1) Treasure their son more than their own lives
2) If the son is good to the wife, they will get jealous
3) Wants to poke their nose into the son + wife's affairs
4) Very suspicious about the DILs
Pointers 3 and 4 is very related to my everyday life!! LOL. Maybe it's the family culture, but they just want to know what is going on in our everyday life!! I wonder if it's good or bad....
The type of DILs that MILs dread:
1) Everything evolves around the husband
2) Very self centered. Wilful. Doing things the way that she thinks is right and treating the husband like a "slave" or "follower".
3) Capable. Strong-minded. Husband is afraid of her.
I am pointer 2 and 3! LOL. I am being perceived as being very wilful and always doing things my style. Oh... and I had a good laugh when someone said that Kenneth is afraid of me... listening to me in everything and anything. Oh well, if only this is the case. LOL. They also feel that I am "capable" coz my qualification is higher. Maybe someone should tell them that there are lots of undergraduates on the streets!!
So... what type of DIL are you? Any of the above also relate to your life? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment