10 July 2010

Birth Story of Our 2nd Bundle of Joy

Our 2nd Bundle of Joy had happily decided to come out on his own on 7 July 2010!! He is 5 weeks away from the EDD and is a premature baby.

Had contractions on the night of 6 July, started at 11pm+, it was something like menses cramps. Kenneth came back at 12am+ from work and I told him about it. He said, "cannot be so soon, you are still weeks away from your EDD." But he did ask me if I wanted to go hospital. Decided not to go coz I can see that he was very tired and that, if we were to go hospital in the middle of the night, what's going to happen to Kayden? Didn't want to leave him in the care of others at night. =) Anyway, the pain was pretty bad and I even went toilet to poo poo twice. *LOL* Coz Kenneth told me, maybe it was food poisoning. *LOL*

Woke up the next morning at 6am+, thinking of the meeting which I was suppose to have with my boss at 8am. Didn't sleep well the whole night through because the pain came on and off. Went to wash up and the pain came again. Poo poo again but this time round, saw RED!!! I knew it that I could not wait any further. Hurriedly asked Kenneth to wake up and after a while, we were on the way to the hospital.

Reached hospital 50-60 mins later. Luckily the pain was really bearable, if not, I think I would had scream and scream throughout the car ride. *LOL* Reached hospital around 8am. Admitted to the ward and upon checking, I was already 4cm dilated!! Gynae came and he was very concern coz this is going to be a premature baby, he was worried that the lungs will not be fully developed and there might be complications when baby is born. He thought of prolonging baby's stay in my womb for another 24 hours but when he checked me, I was 5cm dilated!! I dilated 1cm within half an hour. This was then he decided, there is no way the baby can wait for another 1 day.

When he was checking me, I was screaming. (ok, I have very low threshold of pain) He advised me better to take epidural. *LOL* Else when the real contractions come, I will not be able to take it. He said, "although you might deliver in the next 30-45 mins and the epidural cost around SGD700, but it will be very worth it for your case since you cannot tahan pain." *LOL* So pai say...

Took the epidural and gynae came to check on me again at 9am+ and said I was only 5-6cm dilated and I should be delivering around 12noon - 2pm. He left. And then, waiting game started....

The midwives came around 1pm+ and switched off the epidural thingy. Said I will need to feel something so that when they guide me how to push, I will do it correctly. Gynae came at 2pm and after 3 pushes and 2 minutes, our 2nd Bundle of Joy is born!!!! It was a short and smooth delivery. Pediatrician was on standby and after checking baby, she said that baby is very healthy and all organs are fully developed!! Thank god!!

Baby fresh from oven.
A bit light... only 2.335kg! and 46cm long...

Very powerful lungs....
Calm down a bit...
Our 1st family photo together! 1 + 1 = 4!! Daddy. Mummy. Kor Kor. Di Di. =D
Another shot again...
Baby with his pouty lips... sexy! *LOL*
The 3 of us...
Happy Daddy with his 2nd son...
Sis and Trini came to visit. 2 beauties and a little baby. =)

Colleague, Mei Fay. She didn't dare to carry Baby, so she decided to carry Kayden and take a pic with him. *LOL*
Looks so very much like Kayden when he was a newborn... =)
Crying again!
Sleeping peacefully...
Discharged on 9 July (Friday) and was told that Baby couldn't go home with us coz he has jaundice. But Kenneth insisted on bringing Baby home and upon testing, the jaundice level is very low!! So, very happily, the 2 of us discharged from hospital and went back home. =)
We are very thankful that although he is a premature baby, but he's healthy. He came so much earlier that we were all not prepared. Lots of things not bought and done and haven't even did hand over in the office!!! We were suppose to go for studio photo taking with Kayden on Friday but need to postpone. *LOL* Maybe Baby know about it and is jealous that we are going without him and so decide to come out earlier so that he can join us. *LOL*

2 comments:

  1. congratz again Jean... Kayleb is a healthy bb :) n Kayden is still v adorable :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy. =)
    Dylan is very cute and adorable too! Post more of his pics at FB, pls!! =)

    ReplyDelete