11 July 2010

Double Standard?

When Kayden was born, he received 3 huge red packets from my FIL, MIL and BIL. I was shocked when Kenneth told me that the amount was transferred to his bank account (coz we were still in States). Now that Kayleb is born, I would expect the same "treatment". But... guess I was wrong. *LOL* He will only be receiving one-fifth of what his kor kor got!!!!!

I can't think of any reasons but the following...

1) Kayden is the eldest GRANDSON? Will they still give this much if he's a GIRL instead? *LOL* Maybe if this is the case, then Kayleb will be the one getting the huge red packets. *LOL*

2) Economic crisis? Maybe they are not doing so well... but my FIL and MIL are both not working and my BIL is holding a stable job. *LOL*

3) Kenneth's reason: Coz we were in States then and they thought we would need $$$? Oh well, if this is the case (need their $$ to raise our son), then we won't be having any children at all!!!!

Anyway, Kenneth and I are really clueless why there is such a drastic drop... but in any case, we appreciate their token and will deposit the money into our little baby's account. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment