05 May 2010

Old Little Kayden

Yesterday, Cara passed me an article from 我报, about how to teach babies when they are learning talking. Another colleague, Amril, joined in our conversation.

Amril: Very simple one.... just let babies listen to music and they will eventually start talking. This is what the rich people are doing.

Me: Oh ya... my boy is listening to music and loves to watch a particular drama serial.

Amril: That's good! What kind of music is he attracted to?

Me: He loves the song from the show "爱". He will pause whatever he is doing and stare at the screen and when the show starts, he will be watching also. And he also loves "黄金年华". Oh well, he just loves to watch all these "oldies" stuff.

Amril: *speechless*

Well, this is what happen when the care-takers are some elderly folks (although not all are like these). I have already told them to minimize television time for Kayden and put him on the floor to crawl more often. Oh ya, and also bring him down for walks in the mornings. These are the things that he had been missing out for MONTHS since we are back!! This also explains why he is not walking yet! Coz he is just getting to enjoy the crawling part which should had started months back!!
Putting him on the floor, my FIL is afraid that he will slip and kiss the floor. Bringing him down for walks, scare he will kena mosquito bites. -.-" I can't wait for the day when he turns 18 months old, so that I can put him in Childcare and he won't be so sheltered. I do not wish to see my son growing up and being a 温室里的小花.

No comments:

Post a Comment