13 October 2009

The Distant Feeling....

Ever since we came back, there are just so many pair of hands "fighting" to look after Baby K. People said I am very lucky because all these while, for the pass 7mths plus, I am the sole care giver. And now that we are back, he adapts to the new care givers very fast. In fact, it's too good to be true.

These days, it just feels like, he is not my son anymore. *LOL* The moment he wakes up, he is being carried away and he will only come back to my side when he needs to sleep at night. Those usual stuff which I used to do, like feeding, bathing, playing with him, etc, are no longer my "duties". Even if I want to carry him, need to "queue up". Sigh... I don't know if I should consider myself lucky or not. I know my in-laws are being helpful/kind... they even suggested letting Baby K sleep with them at night!!! Coz they are worried that he will disturb our sleep at night as we need to work the next day!! *FAINT* Of course, I turn down their offer. Come to think of it, quite sad.. But on the bright side, it also means I am able to go travelling, etc without having to worry about Baby K next time.
I think humans are like this. I used to "complaint" when I need to take care of Baby K alone. But now that I am back, it just feels funny like being "outcast" and seeing others taking care of him. I just hope that Baby K will not have the distant feeling towards his biological mother (who is ME) next time.

The normal days... playing with his toys on the bed. Able to sit up on his own pretty steady now...


Mother-on-law carrying Baby K... waiting for his porridge feed.

Enjoying his porridge lunch.
The so many pairs of hands trying to make him feel comfy in his high chair. Since our boxes will not reach us so soon, I got this high chair from my brother.
Notice the role reversal? Suddenly, I become the camera-woman aka the "xian ren". Sigh... What to do... People said, need to close one eye and life will get better... I need to close both eyes loh. *LOL*

Note: I am not trying to complaint in this post. I guess I am very lucky to have such supportive in laws. I just hope, they will let me take care of Baby K myself on weekends. *LOL*

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about being distant from baby K.. I left Darwin with his nanny from about 3+ months when I went back to work... he is still very attached to me even though I only see him morning and night while I was working.. even the nanny said "When baby see mummy, he only wants mummy"... that bond never changes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really scare... right now, he never show any interest that he wants me when he sees me at night. Maybe he is still small.. doesn't know what's going on... =(

    ReplyDelete