20 August 2010

Breastfeeding

The other day, PD asked me whether am I breastfeeding Kaleb. I told her, I express my milk out and feed him through the bottle. Is this consider breastfeeding? *LOL* During Kayden's time, the ang moh PD also asked me the same question.
Tried latching Kaleb on few days back and amazingly, he has not lost the "skill" yet! I always know that he is a born "latch-er" but I thought that after so long (many many weeks) of not latching him, he will refuse and do not know how to do it. Surprisingly, he is able to!!
For Kayden, he didn't know how to latch on so I always express out my milk for him. I did struggle and try to get him to latch on when he was 10 weeks old but he just refused to! I was so upset then. *LOL* Felt like a failure. For Kaleb, I was thinking, I should try and latch him on coz I am not going to have a #3 next time, so this baby will be my final and last try. *LOL* I want to be able to do something that Daddy can't do. =D
Both my Mum and Kenneth kept asking me like am I sure that Kaleb has drank enough (coz never express out, can't see how much he had drank). I guess I did it the right way because he fell asleep after nursing. If he is hungry, he will wake up, right? Also, he only cry for milk again after 3 hours... so that means, he had drank enough when he latches on, right?
After nursing him, I will then proceed to express out the "remaining" milk. He will normally nurse on one side only. Is this normal?
Can some mummies please answer my queries?? Gam Xie =D

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are right. :) Latching is really based on demand. Offer the other breast if the baby is not satisfied.

    ReplyDelete