08 September 2009

Baby K's Teething!

A friend was asking me yesterday whether or not Baby K has started teething because her little boy seems to be starting, biting on stuff frequently. Well, Baby K had long long ago started to drool (a lot) and bite on whatever things he can lay his hands on but not a single little white cap sprouted out.

Few weeks back, I put a finger into his mouth and felt his lower gum. There was kind of like a bump at the front lower bottom of his gum where the incisors are suppose to be. Never thought of anything and very patiently, I waited for him to have his fever when he is teething. *LOL* No fever, nothing. So, I was thinking, maybe he will teeth later and hopefully he won't start teething (and develop fever) when we go to Hawaii. *LOL*

Few days back, Kenneth noticed (using his eye power because he said his fingers have bacteria, cannot put them into his son's mouth -.-") that there is some white white thingy appearing on Baby K's lower gum. I told him, cannot be teething because he did not have fever. *LOL* And we never talked about this anymore.

Today, after I came out from shower, I sat down beside Baby K who was sitting in his bouncer day dreaming. Played with him a bit and I don't know why, I suddenly poked my finger into his mouth and touched his lower gum. I felt it!! A very pointed feeling! Just like the corner of our teeth, that type of "pointed-ness"! Oh my, my little baby is teething... and he did not have any fever! Ha ha... And silly me all this while was waiting for the fever to come. *LOL*

Come to think of it, I guess that was why he refused to eat his rice cereals last week, milk intake also dropped. Could it be also due to teething, that's why he rejected the porridge? Whatever it is, I am just so glad that he did not give me much trouble (in fact, didn't give me any other trouble at all beside the refusing to eat and drink) when the teeth were forcing their way out.


I guess, he is really a very happy baby that requires the "minimum handling". *LOL* I am so blessed to have such an easy baby, if not, I don't know how I will survive having to take care of him ALONE for 7 mths plus before going back to Singapore. Guess his 2 little pearlies will be out fully in the months to come. =) Time to start brushing your teeth, my little baby. =)

Forcing him to open his mouth. Not sure if can see, but there is this little white white thingy at the bottom.

His expression (as well as the right hand) is so funny. I think 1st time I took his face so upclose. See the white white thingy?

He kept putting his tongue out when I tried to pull down his lip. No choice, "tricked" him by giving him the Gerber Puff. Can see 2 little white white thingy on the bottom...

4 comments:

  1. u r lucky teethin so trouble free.. anyway e fever theory is only slight fever so mayb u missed e fever :P but bb K alwaz knows he mus take care of his mummy de so he jus teeth slowly without too much fuss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wen,
    Oh, coz I saw my friends' babies all have high fever when they are teething and most of them, can't sleep at night!! Will keep crying... So, I was waiting and waiting. ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. actual teethin fever wun b higher than 38 degrees.. but e droolin.. n lesser intakes r e other indicators.. did he hav watery stools for awhile coz accordin to many old folks n my pd it's also common.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wen,
    Ya, maybe! He has been drooling for the longest time. As for the intakes, sometimes he can drink 220ml, sometimes 100ml... but for sure, the amount dropped.

    Yes, I read about this watery stools! Hmm... his has always been like plasticine type. And his bowel movement is very good! Poo poo everyday.

    ReplyDelete