12 September 2009

September 11

Today is September 11 2009. 8 years ago, I was woken up by a phone call at 3am+. It was my sister, who called me from London and started telling me the Twin Towers at NYC had crashed. I was like... "huh??? What's going on?" (So amazing that she actually remembered when he was due for his business trip when she was enjoying herself at Europe.) Then she asked me to stop my brother from going to the airport because he was suppose to fly to Mexico for business trip. My parents then called my brother and told him not to go. My brother, insisted on going (to him, work is VERY IMPORTANT). And so, the 2 old folks went to the airport to stop him!!! (sound very drama) Luckily, all flights were being cancelled.


8 years later, I am sitting inside the comfort of my Coldwater Springs Apartment, enjoying the peace (my boy has long gone to lala land) and aircon, typing out this entry. Let's take a moment of silent together for those who perished on this very date, September 11 2001.



3 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I am a fellow Singaporean in Boston. Chanced upon your blog. so just to say hi! I also have a baby..but she is 14month old already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    It's nice to see fellow Singaporean at this foreign land. =) Although we are a bit far from each other even within the same country. =p

    Mind if I link you to my blog? =)

    ReplyDelete