12 September 2009

Mashed Banana + Oat Cereals

The bananas are finally ripe!! We bought them on Sunday and today (Friday), they are finally ready for Baby K's cereals! Thanks to Sam (my very old time friend), she told me that I can mash the banana and mix some oat cereals in and let Baby K eat them as a meal.

I prepared them this morning. Not sure how much banana to give, I mashed up half of it and ate the other half (haha) and I mix in 2 tablespoon of oat cereals. Before feeding, I was thinking to myself "jia lat... guess he is going to start fussing again because the texture is the same as those of the porridge's... thick!!" But to my surprise, he LOVES them!! Kept opening his mouth and wanted more and if I am too slow in feeding, he will make noise!! Wah... this is the first time that this little baby is so impatient when I am slow in feeding. After he finished his mashed banana + oat cereals, I think he is still hungry and fed him some bread. He ate almost the whole slice. -.-" I have no idea if he was full or not because he kept opening his mouth. But I stopped feeding him food after the bread. For his next feed, which was 3 hours later, he finished his 180ml of milk and still continued to suck! *LOL* Normally, he will only drink 140ml. So, I think I didn't give enough mash banana + oat cereals.

Actually I was planning to feed him the same thing again during evening (because the bananas are going to be very "lan" soon) but Kenneth said "NO. Half a banana is already too much for a 6 months old". So, I guess Baby K needs to wait till tomorrow for his mashed banana + oat cereals feast. *LOL*

Xie xie ni, Mrs Keck!! Do you have anymore easy to prepare recipe? *LOL*

6 comments:

  1. Wah lau.. I am "Old time friend"... like I sound so very old....eh... not so old right.. I am same age as u hahahah... dun have that many recipes la... i very lazy one.. 6mth old baby... have you tried potato? Darwin's PD said potato good for gaining weight.. i blend carrots n potato together I prefer to feed vegcos not so sweet... blend with FM or water... not as sweet as bananas n oats la.. u tried apple n oats? if u scrape apple with a spoon or even ripe peaches.. they are soft enough so that you dun have to blitz in food processor... just experiment lor..have you tried feeding baby yoghurt as well? its good for baby... strengthen the digestive tract... plus when u start feeding more solids, will help with the pooping since the poop become harder and baby need to use more strength to pass it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahaha... we had been friends since 15 yrs old loh.. so we are old time friend!

    I think ur recipes very good leh (coz I also lazy). I will try them out!! Thanks a lot!!

    I tried scraping apple and gave him... wah... I used a lot of strenght and only little bits of stuff came out! I think I need to buy "softer" apples, not those crunchy type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think Kayden loves the banana cos he loves sweeter things? LOL! Same with my Jay.. Just need to make sure you try to balance his diet, can't have too much sweet things.

    U can try dried apricots or apples to cook with oats.

    I got the annabelkarmel cook book - they have a lot of recipes for babies from weaning till toddller! Haha! Not too bad. I don't use them all la (no time...) but it is interesting reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. San,
    ya, I think he loves sweet stuff. Think I need to start him on some veggies (beside peas) but not sure how to do it. =p

    I think I will just blend potato + carrot, mix with FM and see if he likes or not. When it comes to feeding time, I always so scare he doesn't want. See the bib only, starts whimpering! -.-"

    Oh ya, the Annabel Karmel cook book, I saw it at Borders... never buy... coz lazy to prepare. Ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Jean.. have you tried letting ur baby hold the spoon? when i first started giving Darwin his rice cereal, I let him hold the spoon (clean one)... so it take his attention away from the food plus it gives him a toy.. and it distracts him from the food (if he does not like it so much)... maybe u can try that.. so baby K feels he is part of the meal time fun... otherwise when he gets older and more vocal... feedind time = fighting time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam,
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will try it out later!! Hopefully he will get distracted by the little spoon. =)

    ReplyDelete