26 August 2009

6th Month Well Being Checkup

We went for Baby K's 6th month well being checkup this morning. His appointment was at 8.40am. Kenneth came back from work only at 6am!!! He rest for a while and we set off at 7am. First stop, breakfast at Ihop.
Happily playing with his legs when we reached the restaurant.
Fascinated with the lights...
As usual, very smiley... bring and cherry. Kept smiling to the server as we placed our order. He thought that we were talking to him. *LOL* Even the server was amused.

Reached the PD pretty early and very soon, it was our turn.
At the waiting area... a bit tired... coz woke up early and needed to nap.

I am always excited when we go for his checkup. The same type of feeling when I received my Poly/Uni results in the mailbox or when my boss passed me the bonus letter. *LOL* Never expect that I will have the same type of feeling here!

Baby K had his height taken and the nurse told me, "64cm". I was like... "are you sure? He was this tall when we came the last time round." So we put him back on the bed, and this time, she said, "65cm". When it comes to weight, it's not much better. He only put on a mere 250g, weighing at 6.45kg now!

The PD, Lit Col Fakhouri (my favourite of all the PDs), came in shortly and did the routine checkup for Baby K. Baby K was in a very good mood, kept smiling and giggling to the PD during the check.


Checking his eyes...
Listening to his lungs....
Check here and there...
Massaging Baby K?
Massaging again...
Pulled Baby K up onto standing position... Boy started to fuss coz he is a lazy bum!

After checking Baby K, we sat down and went through his progress. PD is not very concern about the height issue, because he said sometimes baby tend to grow slower and then all of a sudden will just shoot up. He is more concern about the weight gain. Baby K's height increment falls into the 25th percentile range and the weight gain is only in the 5th percentile category. He told me to give 3 meals of SOLIDS ONLY, no milk at all. And in between, give milk. That means Baby K will only have 2 servings of milk everyday? I thought milk is babies main source of food? Of course, I am not going to listen to the PD. *LOL* He also said that Baby K can eat ALL TYPES of food, whatever stuff that we are eating! Eh... of course, I will give with caution.. not going to give him ALL KINDS of food, that's for sure. (This is why I love this PD, he is the everything also can type... much more relax than me. *LOL*)

Actually we are more concern about his height, rather than the weight. *LOL* Kenneth asked me, "will he be a shortie next time?" I remember my Bestie, Eileen once told me this, "don't marry a shortie next time, else ur kids might be short due to the genes." (ok lah, I am not VERY SHORT, just not TALL!!) And so, I married an average height man (Kenneth is standing at 1.72m). I never like TALL guys and come to think of it, I seldom date shortie when I was young. =p Anyway, my answer to Kenneth's worry was... "no worries, I already ordered the Jumperoo, I will make sure Baby K jumps few hours everyday." Wahahahaa.... He took me very seriously and asked me when will the Jumperoo be delivered. Wahahahaa... I last check, it's coming in TODAY!! Damn fast! I ordered it online just last Friday and it's only Tuesday now! *Jump baby, JUMP!!*

We think that the reason why Baby K is not putting on lots of weight could be due to the fact that we were busy travelling this month. Whenever we travelled, his milk intake will drop drastically because he doesn't like to take his milk when we are outside. And because we were always rushing to go out, we didn't give him his solids at all. *LOL* We bad.

After the "consultation" session with the PD, went to the next building for Baby K's 6th month immunization shots. At the counter, we were told that Baby K cannot have his shot taken today because his last shot was less than 2 months back. And so, we were told to go back on 8 Sept which is might as well because the PD wants to see Baby K on that day due to his eczema. We were prescribed some type of cream and PD wants to see the progress 2 weeks later. And so, Baby K was being spared the howling and brawling today. The pain will come 2 weeks later. *LOL*

On a side note, totally irrelevant to the checkup, called my mum the other day and my brother told me there is a $1,000 cheque for me!! So very happy... gave him my account number and he deposited the cheque for me! hee hee... Not that I need money... but these are extra, so... why not? =p

No comments:

Post a Comment