28 August 2009

Rice Soup aka Porridge (Part 2)

Gave Baby K porridge again this afternoon. Like the first time, he spat them all out and started fussing. Having no choice, I took out the sweet potato puree. Kenneth woke up to see what was going on. Asked Kenneth to try feeding, and surprisingly, this little boy became very obedient and started eating the porridge, even without puree. -.-" He sure knows how to bully ME!! Kenneth couldn't help with the feeding coz he needed to go out to run errands. And so, Baby K and I continued with our "porridge eating" struggle.

Fed him few spoons of puree, then the porridge. He was ok when eating puree but when he tasted the porridge, started fussing again. And so I mixed them up. He would eat with no fuss if the puree is more than porridge... but if it is the other way round, he would struggle and then started his "nonsense".

All in all, he ate quite a fair bit of porridge. Actually, I am not sure whether was I the one who ate most of it. *LOL* Because the porridge was really yummy. I added more scallop today and lesser rice and it just tasted so sweet!! But he did finished 2oz of sweet potato puree. I even made some oatmeal cereals for him after that, and he refused to eat. So, I think he should be full.

Spoke to some mummies and they said their babies also reacted the same way when a new food was being introduced. Asked me to be patience. *LOL* Never give up, is the spirit!

The feed today took less than half an hour. Drastic improvement as compared to yesterday. Let's hope tomorrow will be a better day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment