21 August 2009

A Good Wife, Am I?

Yesterday, after returning the rented car and on our way home, while I was day dreaming sitting at the passenger seat behind, Kenneth suddenly said, "ni hen hao hor." I was puzzled and asked him WHY?
He said, recalling the times when he went to play mahjong and I offer to go out to buy dinner for them. And at that time, I was very heavily pregnant. They (his mahjong kakis) were so afraid that Baby K will be out early (because the gynae said will be out any time after 37th weeks but apparently this did not happen), so they had mahjong session very frequent, even on Sunday afternoons. Everytime when they played, I would drive out to buy take-aways for them so that they could eat while playing. I guess only a mahjong addict will understand why would people eat in such a manner, wouldn't it cause indigestion? *LOL*


Oh well, I am good in other ways too... (blowing my own trumpet now)
  • Whenever he comes home in the wee hours of the day after work, if he is hungry, I will wake up to cook maggi mee for him. I don't think many wives will do this. Imagine having to wake up at 4am+, when everyone is so soundly asleep, just to cook and after which, I will have difficulty getting back to sleep.

  • I will wake up together with him in the morning to prepare breakfast for him, even if it means waking up at 3am. The only times when I did not do it was when I was sick... and I mean, real sick type (which I think only happened once). He needs me to be up even to make a cup of coffee... and I am talking about 3-in-1 type.

  • Even if I am busy preparing lunch and at the same time need to feed Baby K, and when he wakes up and needs his coffee, I will make it for him. Sometimes I feel, I am just like a maid. *LOL* But of course, many a times, he will wake up to feed Baby K even when he is seriously in need of sleep.

  • I let him go to do his favourite past time on Sunday afternoons when it is supposingly to be family time.

  • I put up with his "nonsense" all the times. Stuff like "save the earth"... that's why the house is very messy.

  • When we go for trips, I am in charge of EVERYTHING, which includes booking of accomodation, planning the itinerary, and even things like looking at the GPS and telling him when we need to turn, etc. He has only one task... and that is, being the driver. He doesn't trust my driving skills and doesn't want to put his life in my hands.

  • During confinement period, I not only have to cook for myself, I also cook other stuff for him to eat because he was sick of eating the same stuff (confinement food) everyday. I don't know how I did it (standing there and cooking) despite the very painful wounds (mine was vaginal delivery).

I guess not many wives are like me. Not many that I know will wake up every morning and prepare breakfast. Before I conceived, I told him, when I am pregnant next time, I won't wake up to do all these. After I conceived, I told him, when the baby is out, I won't be doing all these in the mornings. When the baby is out, I am still doing the same things in the mornings!! There is no change at all. And maybe that's why he always let me shop, with no questions ask, because I contribute a lot too. Ok, maybe I am just trying to look for an excuse for all my implusive buys.

Sometimes I feel that, he is like a big kid, the other baby of mine. I also need to be at the door and kiss him goodbye everyday when he goes to work. Isn't this the same like sending the kids off to school? Just that children board the school bus but he drives to work. *LOL*

So, in order to reward me for the "hard work", he is going to buy me another diamond ring when we get back to Singapore. He doesn't trust the jeweller here. Another reason for this diamond ring is because... I am fat(ter) now and the existing one, can barely be squeezed into my finger. *LOL*

I guess, this is how we complement each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment