08 August 2009

Red Moustache?



The above pictures were taken 2 weeks back, the day when Baby K had this redness around his mouth. It took like a day for it to subside. Lots of people were concern and one even passed me some chinese tea leaves and taught me how to use them on Baby K. Thank you everyone for your concern. =)
I finally realised what was the cause of the redness. Yesterday, the redness came back. Kenneth was telling Baby K "why are you having a red moustache?" Ha ha. It started to form after his rice cereals feed!!! Oh my oh my... it is said that rice cereals has the least allergy effects on babies. Is Baby K allergy to rice cereals? But if he is, why is it only around his mouth and not all over the body?
I heard someone said, not to give baby solid until they are 6 months old because her PD said babies are more prone to allergies if they start too soon. But, my PD said likewise! He even said that baby can start eating whatever we are consuming at the age of 6 months!! So, I concluded, different PDs has got different "school of thoughts". There are no right or wrong. Also, both Shannon and Russell started solid when they were 4 months old and look at them now!! So again, all babies are different!
I decided to stop giving him rice cereals for now and monitor if the "red moustache" appears again. Started carrot puree yesterday and he loves it! Actually I love it too. Ha ha... There a bit of sweetness in it. Yumz yumz! Going to start giving him PORRIDGE soon and I know, some people might not agree.Ha ha... but then again, look at Shannon and Russell! Once again, there is no right or wrong. I just have to make sure not to give him those "forbidden" stuff like honey, chocolate, etc. =p

No comments:

Post a Comment