11 August 2009

Random Thoughts and Updates

Kenneth saw my bags of MAC cosmestics on the floor yesterday and he asked me, "have you bought enough cosmestics? Are you sure you are able to finish them?" Oh well, eh... it's never enough. Just like Baby K's clothing, I had no idea what I had bought and how much I had bought. I think I need to kick away this terrible habit. Hmm... blame it on INTERNET SHOPPING!!! Anyway, he added later on that he was just ASKING, I can still continue to buy as I wish. ha ha... My dear, some of these cosmestics, I am going to give away when I go back. Don't you know, I have many "vain" friends!!




I will be "inheriting" a sum of money when we go back to Singapore. Actually this was agreed upon before we came here (to "compensate" me for my loss of income). I thought he had forgotten about it. Ha ha. Apparently, he remembers! (Surprisingly, even my Mum remembers coz she asked me about it some time back.) Didn't want to remind him then because I know he will have a heavier "burden" when we are back as we will be getting our own flat. Already now, his monthly fixed expenses is quite high as he needs to pay the loan for the car in SG + utilities bills for the flat in SG + give my in-laws allowance. Yes, he needs to fork out all these extra money (for items 1 and 2) even though we are away for 2 years. Getting our own flat is gonna cost a bomb as I want to get Central area and it will be a resale unit. All I can contribute is my CPF. ☺ I told him I do not need the sum of money as I am no good in savings (you can tell judging from the way I spend). On top of that, all my spendings here are out from his pocket and I get to keep my monthly allowance (from RSAF and him). He told me, it's good that I have some money with me, in my own bank account. ☺ Anyway, be it in my own account or joint account, I believe, his money is also my money. =p




I miss you. It has been close to 50 days. Where are you? Don't you know I am upset that you have gone missing?




Shannon has grown so much over the past 2 years. She is no longer the little baby (she was 5yrs+ when I left). Even Kenneth was amazed at how much she had grown!! Really miss her as a BABY! Ha ha...




We will be returning in 1 month plus time. I hope I will be able to adjust fast after not working for 2 years! I am having mixed feelings. Excited as well as worried. Excited coz I miss my family and friends. Worried about what the future will be like. Actually I also feel sad coz I won't be able to look after Baby K myself. *sigh* After facing him almost 24/7 for so many months, I am sure I will miss him like hell when I go back to work. How I envy those SAHMs. But then again, Wendy told me, our babies do not need us FOREVER so it's good that we make ourselves "useful" and contribute to the society. I find this very true! (ok, maybe I am just trying to console myself, I still envy those SAHMs.)


Actually I am also worried that I am being forgotten by my friends. ha ha... Friends play a very important role in my life. Beside family, they are my next dearest next of kin! Hopefully my 2 years away from them, things will not change much. =) (and of course, I mean close friends... not those hi-bye type)




Kenneth and I have totally opposite parenting style. I am afraid, this might lead to a lot of conflicts as well as arguments as Baby K grows up.

→ He forbids Baby K to be put on the play mat because he tends to roll onto the carpet. Kenneth said carpet is VERY DIRTY. And whenever I insist on putting Baby K on the play mat, he will be sitting beside him, watching over him like a hawk. If Baby K touches the carpet, he will hurriedly run off to get baby wipes and started cleaning him up... then strap Baby K to the bouncer. Of course, he doesn't like it and will starts to make noise. Sigh...


→ Baby K has very limited space to flip and turn in his crib because Kenneth block up nearly half the crib. The front part he blocks because when Baby K flips, his head sometimes will knock against the crib mobile. He blocks the back because that area doesn't have the crib bumper, so it's considered DANGEROUS. For me, I will just take away everything and let the boy roll wherever he wants. I believe in FREEDOM!


The above are 2 examples, there are much more incidents. All I can say is, Kenneth is the overly protective Daddy (character like my in laws) and I am the everything-also-can Mummy. I believe this is the way for kids to grow up. If we are to restrict him, then he will always be dependent on us. Hopefully Baby K will not be confused by our different style as method of parenting during growing up.



I have a lot of grey hair. They started blooming and sprouting out ever since I got pregnant. Initially, I will still pluck them out one by one. But now, I give up. It's really A LOT. I can't wait to go back SG to COLOUR + HIGHLIGHT my hair!!! It's okie to look "auntie" here but going back, I cannot look like this anymore... I need to WORK... I need to face the society. I need to look presentable (not that I am not now).




I realise some people like to add my friends into their list of friends. And these people do not know the other party at all in the first place. Don't they have their own friends? If they really don't, then I think they are very pathetic. Or is it that my friends will make better friends? *LOL* This not only happen on me, it happens on my sis, her friends and my friend too! I guess it happens on most people.




I would very much like to add another tattoo. I had my first tattoo done when I was 21 years old. Prior to that, I already "warned" my mum. She thought I was joking. The morning after the tattoo was done, she walked into my room when I was sleeping and started scolding me, softly. I pretended to be still sleeping. When I reached home from work that evening, she told me to get rid of it. I ignored her. And the issue was closed. My sister thought my tattoo was a sticker and realised that it is a REAL ONE only years later. -.-" The rest of the family, they never said anything.

If I am to put another tattoo, the only person who will object is Kenneth. The existing one was done before I know him. But then again, maybe I will do it... when the "calling" comes. =p



I realise if I put Baby K on the playmat and if he poos while playing there, he will be on his tummy for the longest time until I go and check on him. He will not roll all over the place which he always will whenever he's on the floor. Maybe he knows if he starts rolling with the poo, Mummy will have a hard time cleaning the carpet. Or maybe he's a clean baby, doesn't like the poo to be all over and mess up his clothing. =p

No comments:

Post a Comment