29 August 2009

The Day I Delivered!

Since my previous post is about the day I tested positive, I thought I should also post up the day when I delivered. *LOL*

Once again, enjoy!


I am back! Back at home with Little Kayden. =)

As per my previous post, I was suppose to check in hospital for induction on 25 Feb, 9pm. Who knows, on 24 Feb, 11pm, I woke up wanting to go pee pee. Sitting at the bed side (coz very difficult to get up with a big tum tum) preparing to stand up, suddenly I heard a pop sound and felt something came out. Hurry to the toilet, thinking that my waterbag had burst or what. But only found lots of mucus like thing on the panty liner, not waterbag. Thinking that nothing was wrong, went back to bed.

As I was lying on bed, suddenly felt tummy very pain, like need to LS. Hurry to the toilet again. After a while, pain went away, and I walked back to bed. After few minutes, pain came again!! Went toilet and nothing came out again! Woke Kenneth up, he asked me to go back to sleep since I would be induced tomorrow, no point telling him I was in pain or what (coz I always tell him I got tummy pain at night... hahaa... ). But I told him, really very pain... is that contractions? But no leh, I heard people said... contractions is like menses cramps, this is not menses cramps! So.... for the next 1 hour, I was in and out of the toilet for more than 10 times!!!!! Kenneth was laughing away, telling me that it might be contractions, no matter how I sit at the toilet bowl, the pain will still come and go. But, to play safe, I kept sitting at the toilet bowl loh. He asked me to tahan for another 2 hours, just to make sure that it's really contractions before we go hospital.

Finally at 12am+ (25 Feb), I told him, I couldn't take it anymore and I need to go hospital... maybe it's contractions coz I suddenly remember what my mum told me on the morning of 24 Feb, she said if I feel tummy like want to LS, it's time to deliver!!! This stupid Kenneth, still told me, he needed to BATHE!!! Okie... I gave him time to bathe... after bathing, he came out, told me he needed to DRINK COFFEE coz he was very sleepy. At that moment of time, I screamed at him... hahaa... so painful!!!!! But, he did drank his dosage of coffee before leaving.

Making my way from the apartment to the car, pain came again. So pain till I couldn't walk and asked Kenneth if he could carry me. Ha ha.... Nevertheless, managed to reach hospital at 1am. Checked in at the Emergency Section. One of the male nurse saw that I was in pain, came with a wheel chair and asked me to sit. After checking in, he wheeled me to the women and infants' Section, which was very far away!

Waited at the waiting area. Pain came again, I started screaming. Luckily only got 2 other person waiting over there. Couldn't tahan the pain, asked Kenneth to go check why need to wait so long (less than 10 mins), finally the nurse asked me to go into a room and told me to get change at 1.20am. She took eternity (although less than 10 mins) to come in. When I saw her, I straight ask for EPIDURAL! She told me, not yet... she needed to make sure that I was really having contractions! Started to put on the CTG thingy on me and finally confirm that I was have labour pain. And told me that I was 5-6cm dilated. Okie... so... I asked for EPIDURAL again. She still told me need to wait coz need to draw my blood to do blood test (which I have no idea WHY). She started drawing but had difficulty coz my veins were very tiny. Then she asked another person in to help draw my blood. Not successful also! Finally, they agreed to push me to the labour ward so that EPIDURAL could be administered. They said they will ask someone from the laboratory to come and draw my blood.


The after effect of all the poking...

Reached the labour ward at 2.20am. EPIDURAL given at 2.40am. What a relieve! And the administering of EPIDURAL was painless also. This is also something which I am scare coz I heard of people saying how painful it will be when epidural was given. At 5am, someone from the lab came... she also tried to draw but wasn't successful. At 6am, another person from the lab came. This one was very very good! I felt no pain at all and she managed to draw the amount of blood needed!!! All these while, I was trying to SLEEP (coz very tired after all the ordeal) and Kenneth was also trying to rest (there is a sofa bed at the side for Daddy to sleep in).
At 7am, Dr Oland (my gynae) came and told me I was 7-8cm dilated. Told me that BB will be out in few hours time and he will come back again at 10am. At 9am, nurse came and told me I was 9cm dilated. To help speed up the dilation, she gave me the "peanut ball". It's actually a very big peanut shaped ball (yellow colour). Asked me to lie on my side and put the ball in between my leg. I slept in this position from 11am till 1pm. Dr Oland came in at 1pm and told me to get ready to PUSH. I was so tired.. I told him, can I nap first and push later? *lol*


At 1pm, pushing started. When he told me to push, I told him I don't know how to (coz 1st time, not sure where and how). He told me, just push as though like I want to poo. So... whenever contractions started, he asked me to take in a deep breath and PUSH.... Pushed for 15 minutes (actually not sure I did it correctly or not coz couldn't feel a thing at all due to the epidural), could see BB's head, he said BB got lots of hair and even asked Kenneth to see. Ha ha... Suddenly BB's heart beat started to fall and Dr Oland said need to use the suction vacuum. So, with the help of this vacuum, Kayden came to the world at 1.17pm on 25 Feb 09!!! He was out at exactly 40 weeks on his own accord... didn't want to be an induced baby.


Crying out loud... fresh from the "oven"...

The nurse gave him a jell-o like pacifier...

Peaceful and calm... (resembles me or Daddy?)

One thing for sure, he definitely has my mouth and Kenneth's nose!

Yippeeeee... we are going home!!! Curious about the surroundings after being strapped to the car seat.

Falling asleep in the short car ride home. Sleeping very soundly....

I must say that the whole experience was quite horrendous. But seeing Kayden born and crying away, tears just well up in my eyes. So happy, no words can describe those happiness. Never in my life I thought I could survive this whole ordeal (okie, maybe I am a bit exagerrating). Even when I went for wisdom teeth extraction, I need to go through GA!!! I am just so afraid of needles and pain. So I guess, nothing is impossible in this world.


I had already told Kenneth, this will be the 1st and last Baby. Ha ha... Well, at least if really want to have a 2nd one, need to give me some time to forget this whole experience. =p

2 comments:

  1. hahhaa.. when my water broke, and I told Steve we needed to go right now as I am in labour.. he said "I need to get coffee" and this was 10+pm at night.. he told me later he was afraid he might fall asleep at the wheel... erm which part of "I think I am in labour" will induce sleep?....MEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    Yes yes... I think ur hubby can hold hands with mine and be good friends! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete