29 August 2009

The Day I Tested POSITIVE!!

Re-visited my Multiply blog and extracted out the post about the day I tested positive. =)

Enjoy...


This blog should be back dated to 18 June 08 (Tuesday). It's a very memorable day for me because first thing I did when I woke up in the morning was... PEE ON THE PREGNANCY TEST KIT and it was POSITIVE!!!! Couldn't believe my eyes, woke Kenneth up and asked him to double confirm. He saw a very faint line and told me maybe the test kit got error (coz this is a very cheap pregnancy test kit). So, I went online and did a bit of research. Saw that if it's a faint line, it just means that it's the initial stage of pregnancy, that's why the don't know what level is still low.

The USD1 test kit from Dollar Shop... See the faint line on the left of the dark red line? Hee hee....

After waiting for 2 hours, I went to pee again, this time round, on another test kit. A more expensive one....

This is the ClearBlue brand. See the faint vertical line on the big circle? And on the side, it says that if it is a "+" means pregnant. hee hee....

Kenneth finally woke up and I showed him this 2nd pregnancy test kit... Again, he said maybe error and so, after lunch, we went out to get a 3rd brand.....


The 3rd test kit of the day...Brand is EPT. Can also see the "+" sign....


So, it's confirm + chop that on 18 June 08, I discovered that I am pregnant with our 1st child. =) This pregnancy is a very shocking and surprise one because Kenneth was away for detachment for half of May period.


I still remembered that on the Saturday before I discovered this, I felt menses cramps and had a bit of brown spotting (maybe 1 drop). Later when I read up, that was actually implantation spotting + cramps! Only minority of the ladies will experience! I guess I am the lucky one? hee hee...


Made the appointment on 20 June 08 to see the gynae and was scheduled to see the nurse first on 30 June 08. Over here, everything needs to go by appointment which is rather irritating.... need to sit back and wait wait wait.... Nevertheless, we are very happy about this news... and so is our family + friends back in Singapore...

No comments:

Post a Comment